YOU KNOW YOU GREW UP IN THE 80’s or early 90’s IF-
1. You’ve ever ended a sentence with the word “PSYCHE.”
2. You watched the Pound Puppies.
3. You can sing the rap to the “Fresh Prince of Belair” (*shakes head* Yeah… that I did)
4. You wore biker shorts under your skirts and felt stylish. (Same with the banana clips…and those nifty plastic bracelets that we all collected and traded)
5. You yearned to be a member of the Baby-sitters club and tried to start a club of your own. (yeah, I did…)
6. You owned those lil Strawberry Shortcake pals scented dolls.
7. You know that “WOAH” comes from Joey on Blossom (Woah!)
8. Two words: M.C. Hammer (*shiver* I remember being out on a friends deck, singing 2legit and I’m Too Sexy, from Right Said Fred. Boy we thought we were cool)
9. If you ever watched “Fraggle Rock.” (My Favourite! I wish they’d put them out on DVD!)
10. You had plastic streamers on your handle bars. (I would have if I had had a bike!)
11. You can sing the entire theme song to “Duck Tales.” (a whoo-hoo Duck Tales!)
12. When it was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons. (Thundercats, She-ra, He-Man, Transformers, Care Bears… yeah. Those were the days)
13. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head. (uhm… no, really, I didn’t)
14. You saw the original “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” on the big screen. (No, but I wanted the cartoon incessently.)
15. You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school. (Yeah! look at those oxen go!)
16. You made your Mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side.
17. You played the game “MASH” (Mansion, Apartment, Shelter, House) (obsessively!)
18. You wore Jordache Jean jacket and you were proud of it.
19. L.A. Gear…
20. You wanted to change your name to “JEM” in Kindergarten. (I wanted to be She-ra in kindergarten)
21. You remember reading “Tales of a fourth grade nothing” and all the Ramona books.
22. You know the profound meaning of “WAX ON, WAX OFF”
23. You wanted to be a Goonie.
24. You ever wore fluorescent clothing. (ahem, again… no, really)
25. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off…
26. You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.
27. You took Lunch Pails to school.
28. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets.
29. You still get the urge to say “NOT” after every sentence. (only sometimes)
30. You remember Hypercolor T-shirts.
31. Barbie and the Rockers was your favorite band.
32. You thought She-ra and He-Man should hook up. (No, because I knew they were brother and sister)
33. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged friendship bracelets.
34. You ever owned a pair of jelly shoes.
35. After you saw Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure you kept saying “I know what you are, but what am I?” (Never saw the movie, but I said it anyways. I miss out on a lot of movie references because I didn’t see many of them as a kid.)
36. You remember “I’ve fallen and I can’t get up” (hehe, yep)
37. You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates. (and spending most of the time on my ass)
38. You ever got seriously injured on a Slip and Slide. (No, but I knew someone who did)
39. You have ever played with a Skip-It.
40. You had or attended a birthday party at McDonald’s.
41. You’ve gone through this list occasionally saying “Totally awesome” (Actually, I think it was more along the lines of ‘gnarly” a la the turtles)
42. You remember Popples. (Yes, but I never ever actually got one.)
43. “Don’t worry, be happy”
44. You wore like, EIGHT pairs of socks over tights with high top Reeboks.
45. You wore socks scrunched down. (I DID)
46. “Miss MARY MACK MACK, all dressed in BLACK BLACK BLACK” (“miss mary has a steamboat… the steamboat had a bell” “cinderella dressed in yella, went upstairs to kiss a fella”…. we had skip-a-thons at my elementary)
47. You remember boom boxes Vs. CD players.
48. You remember watching both “Gremlins” movies. (No, I didn’t, because I was still recovering from the ‘Thriller’ Video and the scene in Willow where the sorceress turns people into pigs.)
49. You know what it meant to say “Care Bear Stare!”
50. You remember watching Rainbow Bright and My Little Pony Tales”
51. You thought Doogie Howser was hot. (Actually I thought he was a geek. I wanted Wesley Crusher!)
52. You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac. (I didn’t like that he ate cats.)
53. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool. (yeah, and someone taped all their albums for me)
54. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on “Saved By the Bell,” the ORIGINAL class. (Ah yes, the drama of teenagers… I even remember the spinoffs)
55. You know all the words to Bon Jovi – YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME.
56. The only rapper you knew of was Vanilla Ice. (Ice , ice, baby)
I wonder if a ‘You know you were a teenager in the mid-90’s’ thing will show up at some point. =)