This Hump Day we celebrate adventure, intrigue and romance. No, we’re not talking about blog drama — we’re talking Soap Opera Day! October 6th marks the premiere of the first soap opera in 1946, The Faraway Hill. Let’s all raise our box of bon-bons and say hip-hip-hooray for 58 years of the best escape from vacuuming, laundry and all other forms of domestic drudgery … that is until blogging came along. And speaking of blogging …. let’s warm up for some Wednesday Mind Humpin’ !
In soap opera, everyone’s “entrance” into a scene is accompanied by a song or sound effect — If music or a sound effect played whenever you walked into a room, what would that sound effect be?
Trampoline by The Wild Strawberries… “baby give that quiver to me, I can shoot an arrow through anything…”
Put your thinkin’ caps on — it’s time to do the Mind Hump. This week a little “getting to know you” fun with a crazy twist.
01. If you could have a compartment (like a glove compartment) installed on your person, where would you have it installed and what would you keep in it (other than things you would keep in your wallet or purse)?
I don’t know where I’d put it, maybe my forehead, but I know what I’d keep in it – all those random little thoughts that I get during the day that I can never remember long enough to write down in a book. If I put them in this little compartment, they’d automatically get printed on sticky-notes.
02. A local university has asked you to teach a class about the one thing you know the most about. What would you be teaching and what would the name of the course be?
This is hard, because I don’t think I’m an expert on anything, really. But I might have to teach a class called “animals are people too” and talk about the evidence that animals have emotions or connections in a similar fashion to human beings, and that they respond better to positive treatment, just like people.
03. Commercials … they can make us laugh or can annoy the heck out of us. Tell us about your favorite commercial and/or a commercial you simply loathe.
My favourite commercial at the moment is that car commercial where you see a van parked, and a couple of boxes come down the ramp, and then the next box has the delivery guy in it pretending to drive a car down the ramp. The one I hate is another car commercial, where the guy stops to help the chick with the flat tire and he’s got a whole pit team in the trunk.
04. If we were to tiptoe into your room while you were sleeping, what position are we likely to find you in, on what side of the bed and are you a snorer, drooler, a sleep talker or sleep walker?
On my left side in a semi-fetal position, either in the centre of the bed or on the edge, depending on whether or not J’s being a bedhog or not. I know I drool in my sleep sometimes, and I also have been told that I often sleep talk.
05. “Snips and snails and puppy dogs tails – that’s what little boys are made of. Sugar and spice and everything nice – that’s what little girls are made of.” Besides those things mentioned above, what are some of things you personally might be made of?
cat hair, printers ink, chocolate, paper, hugs, giggles, music, words…